Job Fair To Highlight Opportunities In Cornwall and AkwesasneMarch 23, 2015
Cornwall Ontario – Organizers are putting the finishing touches on what promises to be a very productive day at the Akwesasne – Cornwall Job Fair on Thursday March 26.
Some of the region’s largest employers will be promoting employment opportunities at the show, including Olymel, Atelka and Scotiabank.
The show is expected to draw hundreds of job seekers to the Civic Complex for the job fair, which is scheduled to run from Noon to 6pm.
“Job seekers can expect to find employers ready to hire,” said co-ordinator Stacy Skidders. “People should come prepared to hand in resumes.”
The list of employers is a diverse one that includes health care, transporation, customer service and food processing. It is possible that more companies may be added to the list over the next couple of days. Here are the confirmed private sector exhibitors as of now:
- Twin Leaf
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
- Drake International
- Kensington Park Recruitment
- Villeneuve Tank Lines
- RBC Royal Bank
- Swamp’s Performance Automotive
- Akwesasne Tire Company
- Speedway Plaza
- Investors Group Financial Services
- Royal LePage Performance Realty
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe
- International Truckload Services
- Avon Canada Inc
- Scotia Bank Cornwall Contact Centre
- Cornwall Community Hospital
- Transport Training Centres of Canada Inc.
- Ray-Jans Windows & Doors
- Tarbell Management Group
- Jacobs Manufacturing
- The Miller Group
- Bank of Montreal
- Knowledge First Financial
- Youth Now Inc.
Organizers are expecting people from beyound the Cornwall region to attend as well as local residents.
“It is important that employers have a diverse pool of labour to draw on,” said Mark Boileau, Manager of Economic Development for the City of Cornwall. “Our office is pleased to support this joint initiative that has brought together employers and support organizations under one roof.”
In addition to the employers, a number of organziations that provide direct and indirect support to job seekers will also be exhibiting. These include:
- Job Zone d’emploi
- Eastern Ontario Training Board
- Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre
- St. Lawrence College
- Academy of Learning / Cornwall Career College
- University of Ottawa
- Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- T R Leger Alternative School
- GIAG – Glengarry Inter-Agency Group
- Contact North
- Akwesasne Area Management Board
- Akwesasne Employment Resource Centre
- Transport Training Centres of Canada
For more information on employment opportunities in the Cornwall area, please visit the Work on Cornwallpage on this website.