Enjoy the local flare and fare
When it comes to great shopping and dining, the people of Cornwall find everything they need right here in town. In fact, Cornwall’s shops and restaurants attract people from across the region — including Montreal.
You’ll love the variety provided by well-known retailers such as Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, RONA, Winners, Lowes and Home Depot, blended with a growing number of award-winning local boutiques such as Pommier Jewellers, Kid’s Korner and Laura’s Flowers and Fine Gifts. No matter what your shopping preference is — indoor malls, big box stores, or main street shopping — we have what you’re looking for!
Some prominent Cornwall shopping areas
- Pitt Street: Our traditional “main street” offers shops, services, and restaurants — and is a focal point for many of Cornwall’s year-round cultural activities
- Cornwall Square: Situated in the downtown core, the mall is anchored by Shoppers Drug Mart, and offers a wide variety of retail stores — over 50 in all.
- Le Village: Offers a distinctive small-town French-Canadian atmosphere in the southeast end of the city. Most of the businesses are operated by local entrepreneurs.
- Brookdale Centre: Located at the foot of the International Bridge, this “big box” retail area features Food Basics, Dollarama, Play it Again Sports, Tim Hortons and Kelsey’s.
- Smart Centres: A Walmart Supercentre anchors this growing plaza on Ninth Street that includes Winners, PetSmart, LCBO, DollarTree, BMO and A&W.
- Eastcourt Mall: A major redevelopment has seen the addition of No Frills, Hart, Treasure Hunt and Dollarama to this established east-end mall.
- Glengarry Square: Across the street from Eastcourt, this retail plaza features Galaxy Cinemas, LCBO, Food Basics, Burger King and more.
- Tollgate and Brookdale: This busy intersection has developed into a major commercial area featuring Michaels, Mark’s, Best Buy, Moores and Sport Chek.
- Sydney and Ninth: The geographic centre of Cornwall is well served with retail plaza including Your Independent Grocer, Staples, TD Bank, Canadian Tire and the original Farm Boy store.
Of course, the above is only a sampling of the dozens of really interesting shops that call Cornwall home. Check out the News section for the latest events and developments from area merchants.
Interested in perhaps establishing a retail store in Cornwall? Learn more about the retail landscape by downloading our Commercial Retail Brochure from the Resources section of this website.