Enjoy the local flare and fare
When it comes to great shopping and dining, the people of Cornwall find everything they need right here in town. In fact, Cornwall’s shops and restaurants attract people from across the region — including Montreal.
You’ll love the variety provided by well-known retailers such as Winners, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, RONA, Lowes and Home Depot, blended with a growing number of award-winning local boutiques such as Pommier Jewellers, Kid’s Kornerand Laura’s Flowers and Fine Gifts. No matter what your shopping preference is — indoor malls, big box stores, or main street shopping — we have what you’re looking for!
Some prominent Cornwall shopping areas
- Pitt Street: our traditional outdoor “main street” offers shops, services, and restaurants — plus is a focal point for many of Cornwall’s year-round cultural activities
- Cornwall Square: Situated in the downtown core, the mall is anchored by Sears and Shoppers Drug Mart, and offers a wide variety of retail stores — 65 in all.
- Le Village: Offers a distinctive small-town French-Canadian atmosphere in the southeast end of the city. Most of the businesses are operated by local entrepreneurs.
- Brookdale Centre: Located at the foot of the International Bridge, this “big box” retail area features Lowe’s, LCBO, Beer Store, Food Basics, Tim Hortons and Kelsey’s.
- The Eastcourt Mall: A major redevelopment has seen the addition of Ardene, Urban Planet, No Frills and Dollarama to this established east-end mall.
- Tollgate and Brookdale: This busy intersection has developed into a major commercial area featuring Michaels, Mark’s, Best Buy, Petsmart, Winners and more.
- Glengarry Square: In the east end of Cornwall, it features Galaxy Cinemas, LCBO, Food Basics, Burger King and more.
- Sydney and Ninth: This crossroads has developed into a major commercial area featuring Staples, Your Independent Grocer, Farm Boy, and Canadian Tire.