Program Helps Employers Invest in WorkforceOctober 28, 2016
Cornwall Ontario – After two years of operation, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant continues to be a popular source of funding for companies as they grow their workforce.
And to make navigating the program even easier, direct assistance is now available from Job Zone d’emploi.
“We are able to work directly with employers and assist them in filling out the application,” says Melissa Murphy, Canada Ontario Job Grant Liaison with Job Zone d’emploi. “We can save them time and ultimately help ensure their needs are aligned with the program.”
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant will provide direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It will be available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs. There will be additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs.
- Require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
The training is intended for employed individuals acquiring new skills for their current job, or to prepare for another job with the same employer, and for unemployed individuals seeking a new job. The employer must have a job available at the end of the training for the individual being trained.
- Training must not exceed one year in duration and must be provided by one of the following:
- Colleges of applied arts and technology
- Publicly-assisted universities
- School boards
- Private trainers operating in compliance with the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
- Union-based training centres
- Product vendors
You can access the application by visiting www.ontario.ca/employeetraining
“If companies have any questions I invite them to call me directlly at 613-933-9675 ext 325,” says Ms. Murphy.
Other Financial Incentive Programs
The Canada Ontario Job Grant is one of a number of programs that are in place to help Cornwall businesses grow and prosper. Other programs include the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the Jobs and Prosperity Fund and the Eastern Ontario Development Program. You can find more information on the following link:
About Job Zone d’emploi
Job Zone d’emploi has been providing assistance and helpful resources to employers in the City of Cornwall and counties of Stormont and Dundas for over 30 years. Job Zone d’emploi offers a variety of bilingual employment related programs and services, information can be found on their website at:
Categorised in: Business