Canadian Manufacturers Needed to Help Combat COVID-19March 26, 2020
Cornwall Ontario – If you are a Canadian manufacturer or business that can assist Canada in meeting the need for medical supplies, your help is needed.
Both Federal and Provincial governments have reached to companies from coast to cost to ask them if they are able to lend assistance and support of meet the supply chain needs for medical and health care goods, include personal protective equipment.
If companies can say yes to the following, Federal officials want to hear from you.
- You manufacture in Canada and/or have ready access to necessary inputs through your supply chain.
- You have equipment or facilities that can be rapidly re-tooled to meet medical needs, including for personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks and surgical gowns; sanitizers; wipes; ventilators; and other medical equipment and supplies.
- You have skilled workers who are able to respond and who could be available for work in the current circumstances.
The Plan to Mobilize Industry to fight COVID-19 directly supports businesses to rapidly scale up production or re-tool their manufacturing lines to develop products made in Canada that will help in the fight against COVID-19. In addition, the NRC has also issued a Pandemic Response Challenge Program.
You can use the following link to take see what products and services are needed or you can send a short summary of your offer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Link to Canada Products and Services List: https://buyandsell.gc.ca/calling-all-suppliers-help-canada-combat-covid-19
The Ontario Government has also launched Ontario Together, a new website that will help businesses and their employees work with the province to meet the challenges of COVID-19.
- Link to Ontario Products and Services List: https://www.ontario.ca/form/supply-emergency-products-help-fight-coronavirus
- Link to Ontario Together Online Portal: https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-your-organization-can-help-fight-coronavirus
The Province has enacted a declaration of emergency to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public. Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
We summarize the latest news about the impacts of COVID-19 on Cornwall businesses on a daily basis. Click on the following link to view: