Chamber Awards Celebrate Local Business StarsFebruary 24, 2023
Cornwall Ontario – The Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce has celebrated businesses and individuals for in Cornwall, SDG, and Akwesasne for outstanding achievements in 2022.
The 35th Annual Business Excellence Awards and the 51st Annual Citizen of the Year were announced last night following examination of nominations received from the community.
“Congratulations to all of the 2022 Cornwall and Area Business Excellence Award finalists and winners,” says Gina Scandrett, President of the Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce. “We look forward to seeing what you achieve in the future and who you inspire to become future award recipients.”
The following companies, organizations and individuals were recognized this year:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Karen Brunet
- Young Professional: Gabriel Rivere-Reid
- Community Impact Award: Flavour Kingdom
- Tourism Excellence: Fields of Gold
- New Business of the Year: Glengarry Market
- Large Business of the Year: Canadian Tire
- Small Business of the Year: Cristill Rock
- Environmental Impact Award: Wilson Architectural Design
- Inclusion & Diversity Award: Powell School of Dance
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Steve Summers
- President’s Award: David Murphy
- 2022 Citizen of the Year Award: Lynn Chauvin
The gala ceremony has returned in full force and was held at the Best Western with an estimated 300 people in attendance. Following the formal dinner and award presentations, the BEA+ magazine was unveiled which profiles the award winners. This is the third year that the special 36-page full magazine has been produced.
“This year’s award recipients are all exceptionally well deserving of this recognition, and their stories and beautifully told in this year’s BEA+ magazine,” says Angela Bero, Manager of the Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce. “Our thanks to all our magazine and event partners, along with our sponsors, who together made the BEA+ possible.”
The BEA+ magazine profiles each winner with an in-depth story and photos. The publication is available at the Cornwall Chamber of Commerce office on Second Street, and will also be available at a number of locations in Cornwall, SDG, and Akwesasne including the Cornwall Economic Development office at the Civic Complex. A digital copy will also be available online.
About the Chamber of Commerce
The Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce is the unified voice of the region’s business community speaking towards growth, leadership and innovation. With direction from the elected board of directors, the Chamber looks to continuously progress the community through political advocacy, knowledge-based development and innovative opportunities.
The Chamber has over 500 members. For more information, please click on the following links:
- Web: http://www.CornwallChamber.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChamberCornwall
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChamberCornwall