Cornwall Business Excellence Recognized With New MagazineJune 24, 2021
Cornwall Ontario – Community and business leaders are celebrating local excellence with the announcement of the the BEA+ 2020 Awards and the launch of the first edition of the BEA+ magazine.
The Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce celebrates businesses and individuals in Cornwall, SDG, and Akwesasne annually through the Business Excellence Awards presentations, including the Citizen of the Year Award. This year, the normal gala ceremony has been replaced with social media announcements and a special 44-page full colour print publication.
“We are thrilled to announce this year’s BEA+ winners,” says Shannon Lebrun, President of the Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce. “Each one has been a champion for Cornwall throughout 2020 and exemplifies leadership, creativity, and collaboration. And a whole-hearted thank you goes out to our collaborators and sponsors whose support made the BEA+ possible.”
The following companies, organizations and individuals were recognized this year:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Andrew Seguin
- Community Impact Award: ACCFutures and Eastern Ontario Training Board
- Tourism Excellence: Archie’s Family Golf Centre
- Large Business of the Year: Minimax
- Small Business of the Year: ZipGrow
- Sustainability Award: The Local Fill
- Inclusion & Diversity Award: The Happy Popcorn Co.
- Above & Beyond Award: Cheyenne, Corey & Jackson, Beth, Cayde
- Economic Impact Award: SigmaPoint
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Andre Pommier, Pommier Jewellers
- 2020 Citizen of the Year Award: Stephen Douris
“We are very proud of each winner of this year’s BEA+ 2020 Awards,” added Greg Pietersma, the Executive Director of the Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce. “Each one is deserving of recognition for the work they do to make Cornwall a great community. We are also very proud of the outcome of the BEA+ magazine – it surpasses what we could have imagined. From the story-writing to the overall design, the BEA+ exceeds our expectations, and we are very pleased to share this publication with the citizens of Cornwall, SDG, and Akwesasne.”
The BEA+ magazine profiles each winner with an indepth story and photos. The publication will be available in a variety of hotels and tourist locations in Cornwall. SDG, and Akwesasne including the Cornwall Economic Development office at the Civic Complex. A digital copy will also be available online.
The BEA+ magazine was made possible by the creative talents of Big Catch Communications, Shawna O’Neill, Nicholas Seguin Creative, LadouceurPHOTO, and Marriner Design.
About the Chamber of Commerce
The Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce is the unified voice of the region’s business community speaking towards growth, leadership and innovation. With direction from the elected board of directors, the Chamber looks to continuously progress the community through political advocacy, knowledge-based development and innovative opportunities.
The Chamber has close to 700 members. For more information, please click on the following links:
- Web: http://www.CornwallChamber.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChamberCornwall
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChamberCornwall