Cornwall Job Fair set for October 16August 23, 2019
Cornwall, Ontario – Cornwall’s economy continues to be strong, with local companies creating new jobs in a variety of sectors.
Job seekers will have a chance to meet employers up close and personal at the Cornwall and Area Job Fair in October.
The Job Fair will be held at the Cornwall Civic Complex on Wednesday, October 16 and is being organized by the Social Development Council (SDC). The event is free and open to anyone seeking employment or volunteer opportunities in Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, and Akwesasne.
“The hiring climate remains strong in the Cornwall region, with some employers looking further and further afield to find the right people,” says Carilyne Hébert, Executive Director of the SDC. “The Job Fair has proven to be an effective way to connect job seekers and recruiters and at the same time showcase the community.”
The Job Fair will feature two sessions to allow people with different schedules attend the event:
- First Session: 11am-2pm
- Second Session: 4pm-7pm
Both sessions will feature Cornwall, SDG, and Akwesasne employers from various sectors including transportation, warehousing, service and sales, retail, hospitality, and social services.
This is the fifth consecutive year that a Job Fair has been held in Cornwall. Last year’s event connected 41 key employers and 16 service providers with over 1000 job seekers from across the region.
Job seekers will be able to speak directly to recruiters at the Job Fair, and personally hand over their résumés. A list of available jobs in Cornwall can be found on the ChooseCornwall.ca Job Board.
There will be over 40 exhibitors at the Job Fair. Here is the current list as of October 8:
- Bayshore Home Care Solutions
- Biscuits Leclerc Ltd.
- Boys & Girls Club of Cornwall/SDG
- Canada Border Services Officers
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Carefor Health & Community Services
- Chartwell Chateau Cornwall Retirement Residence
- City of Cornwall
- Clean All Environmental Services INC
- Clean International
- Community Living Glengarry
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l’Est ontarien
- Cornwall Community Hospital
- Drake International
- Dundas Manor
- G4S Secure Solutions Canada Ltd
- Gestion Charles EMA Gagnon inc. (McDonald’s restaurants)
- Groupe Green Tech
- Igloo Building Supplies
- International TruckLoad Services Ltd.
- Intertape Polymer Group Inc. (IPG)
- Maison Interlude House
- Matrix Logistics
- Minimax Express Transportation Inc.
- Olsonfab Metal Fabrication / Oscar Ladouceur & Son
- Parisien Manor
- Plan A Glengarry Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment
- Primerica Financial Services
- Sun Life
- Xplornet Communications
- Community Living Stormont County
- Contact North
- Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre
- Eastern Ontario Training Board
- Job Zone d’emploi
- Le Centre Moi j’apprends
- Le Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone de l’Est de l’Ontario (RSIFEO)
- ODSP Client Advisory Group
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- St. Lawrence College
- Tabularasa Communities Inc.
- The Corporation of the City of Cornwall Social Services
- TR Leger
- Tri-County Literacy Council
This event is being organized by the Social Development Council of Cornwall and Area – Employability Network, in cooperation with the City of Cornwall, Cornwall Economic Development, Job Zone d’ Emploi, Glengarry Interagency Group, Eastern Ontario Training Board and the Akwesasne Area Management Board. Companies interested in registering for a booth should contact Carilyne Hébert at 613-930-0211.
For more information and to register, job seekers, volunteers, and employers are encouraged to visit https://sdccornwall.ca/jobfair2019/