First Steps in Exporting Program Launches November 28November 17, 2023
First Steps in Exporting Program
Cornwall Ontario – Did you know that on average, companies that export have 120% greater sales than non-exporters, are 13% more productive and experience double the rate of growth?
Ontario’s “First Steps in Exporting” program helps companies that are new to exporting or considering it for the first time, to familiarize themselves with exporting and the key considerations in creating your export plan.
“Over a series of three modules, trade experts will guide you through everything you need to know to get started in global markets,” says Denis Lapierre, Senior Business Advisor with the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade. “Eastern Ontario has dozens of globally competitive companies, and we invite all to attend this free series.”
In this three-part online series, trade experts from the Government of Ontario will guide you through everything you need to know to get started:
- Assess your business’ export readiness and identify the skills you need to succeed.
- Evaluate new markets and develop a market entry strategy.
- Select agents and distributors who will represent you abroad.
- Build your international presence through trade shows and e-commerce.
- Finance your exporting plan and mitigate receivables risk.
- Tuesday, November 28, 2023 from 9:30am – 11:00am
- Module 1: Export Readiness, Market Research and Market Entry Strategy
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023 from 9:30am – 11:00am
- Module 2: Trade Finance, Freight Logistics and Digital Asset Protection
- Tuesday, December 12, 2023 from 9:30am – 11:00am
- Module 3: International Distribution, Trade Events and eCommerce
To Register for this event please go to the following link:
About the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
The Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade is responsible for programs to attract and retain business and economic development in the province of Ontario.