New DZ Driver Training Program this FallSeptember 16, 2021
Cornwall Ontario – The Eastern Ontario Training Board will be offering a DZ Driver Training Course this fall. The course is now open for intake, and is part of an ongoing series of training programs that are offered in partnership with Transport Training Centre of Canada , Job Zone d’emploi and GIAG.
The course will run from October 4 to November 12, 2021. Details appear below:
Delivery method: In-person
Length of Training: 6 weeks
Cost: Free for eligible candidates
- Technical Skills: Three weeks of driver training delivered by Transport Training Centers of Canada. Week one will consist of in-class theory training, followed by two weeks of practical, hands-on driving experience. Association of Ontario Road Supervisors will also deliver 2 day Snow Plow Operator training.
- Certifications: Fall Protection, Traffic Control, CPR/First Aid, WHMIS and Health & Safety
- Pre-employment and soft skills: Teamwork, communication skills, self-awareness, workplace success, harassment in the workplace, resume writing, job search techniques, interview preparation
Employment: EOTB will assist participants in securing employment within the field. Ongoing coaching is provided to assist with transition to employment. Mentoring incentives are available
to employers who hire our participants.
Financial assistance: EOTB will purchase training on behalf of eligible candidates. All participants will receive financial support to complete a medical check, driver’s abstract and road test. Financial assistance may be available for items such as transportation, daycare, work attire.
Basic eligibility criteria:
- Unemployed or under-employed
- Not in full-time education or training
- Resident of Ontario, legally entitled to work in Canada
- 18 years of age or older
How to apply: Interested candidates should call Job Zone d’emploi at 613-933-9675 or GIAG at 613-525-1533
About the Eastern Ontario Training Board
The Eastern Ontario Training Board (EOTB) plays a leading role in labour force development in the Cornwall region. It undertakes a number of projects throughout the year, and publishes the TOP report on local labour force issues. More info can be found online: