New Intake for Rural Economic Development ProgramDecember 11, 2020
Cornwall Ontario – There is a new intake for Rural Economic Development program (RED), which helps communities diversify their economies, retain skilled workers and create jobs.
The deadline for this intake is February 1, 2021.
There is a public information session on December 18; 10-11:30 am. Space is limited. Please register here: https://survey.clicktools.com/app/survey/response.jsp
Ontario’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program provides cost-share funding to support activities that create strong rural communities in Ontario, and opens doors to rural economic development through:
- funding assistance to address barriers to economic development, better position rural communities to attract and retain jobs and investment, and enhance economic growth
- funding to build community capacity and support for economic development in Ontario’s rural communities
- investments in rural communities to help diversify and grow local economies – making economic growth more inclusive so Rural Ontario continues to share in the province’s economic prosperity
The program typically supports municipalities and not-for-profit organizations.
Intake is now available for two streams:
- Economic Diversification and Competitiveness Stream: up to 50% of eligible project costs to a maximum of $150,000.
- Strategic Economic Infrastructure Stream: up to 30% of eligible project costs to a maximum of $250,000.