Virtual Program Showcase Provides an Inside Look at SLCApril 23, 2020
Cornwall Ontario – It’s spring, a time when St. Lawrence College (SLC) normally opens its doors to applicants, prospective students, and their family and friends in a series of Open House events designed to showcase college programs and campuses. But this is a different kind of year, and SLC has created a different way to show incoming students everything it has to offer.
April 27-30, SLC is hosting a Virtual Program Showcase online at ExperienceSLC.ca. The showcase will include more than 75 dedicated program sessions with faculty from its three campuses, providing the opportunity for people to explore campuses virtually, and participate in information sessions with various student services.
Cornwall programs are showcased on April 30 (see below for a list)
“While nothing can replace the in-person experience of being on campus, this virtual format will allow applicants and prospective students from across Canada and around the world to get the detailed program information they’re seeking when making a decision about post-secondary,” said Stew Clark, Director, Marketing and Recruitment at SLC. “The virtual showcase will feature our campus facilities, the learning environments, programs, and the social and gathering spaces that create a full student experience.”
The program sessions will be recorded so anyone missing the live event will still be able to learn about various programs, and faculty will be hosting “virtual office hours,” providing the opportunity for applicants to have a live chat with their prospective professors.
“Choosing where to attend post-secondary can be a difficult decision, even more so when students are unable to tour campuses firsthand. Opportunities to interact with staff and faculty and get a feel for the SLC community can help ease concerns about what college will be like,” said SLC President and CEO, Glenn Vollebregt. “SLC is committed to providing information and an experience that will help students form impressions and make decisions. The college is proud of its team’s responsive and considerate approach to help those navigating the current circumstances and unusual times.”
Cornwall Campus Showcases – April 30 2020
Click on the following links to register for a session:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing – 09:00 AM – 09:30 AM
- Business – 09:00 AM – 09:30 AM
- Community Integration through Cooperative Education (CICE) – 09:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Computer Systems Technician – 09:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) – 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- General Construction Carpentry Techniques/Carpentry Apprentice – 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Welding & Fabrication Technician/Welder Apprentice – 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Motive Power Technician/Automotive Service Technician Apprentice – 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Game Programming – 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- General Arts & Science (All Streams) – 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management – 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Social Service Worker (SSW) – 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) – 01:00 PM – 01:30 PM
- Police Foundations – 01:00 PM – 01:30 PM
- Practical Nursing (PN) – 01:30 PM – 02:00 PM
- Environmental Technician – 01:30 PM – 02:00 PM
- Pre-Health Sciences – 02:00 PM – 02:30 PM
- Paramedic – 02:00 PM – 02:30 PM
More details can be found at https://www.experienceslc.ca/
About St. Lawrence College
St. Lawrence College is an integral part of the economic life and social fabric of Eastern Ontario, with campuses in Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall. St. Lawrence College consistently ranks as one of Ontario’s leading community colleges, preparing students for the global economy with relevant, practical, and experiential learning opportunities. Offering over 100 full-time programs, St. Lawrence College is a close-knit community of 10,000 full-time students, and more than 99,000 alumni.
You can find out more information on the St. Lawrence College website:
We summarize the latest news about the impacts of COVID-19 on Cornwall businesses on a daily basis. Click on the following link to view: