Woodsmoke Bluegrass Jamboree Returns To NAV CENTREFebruary 3, 2014
Cornwall Ontario – Fans of “Ole-Tyme” music are in for an amazing show at the Woodsmoke Bluegrass Jamboree.
The show takes place on February 28th and March 1st, 2014. It will be the third year in a row that the festival has found a home at the NAV CENTRE.
The Woodsmoke Bluegrass Jamboree is a two day Old-Time Music Show that organizers hope will help preserve and promote hand-made acoustic music.
“Bluegrass music is becoming better known as a fine art form that it so deserves and for the technically complex music that it is,” said Darwin Thom, Director of Woodsmoke Bluegrass. “The Jamboree encompasses all aspects of an old-time show such as live, unrehearsed and impromptu performances where musicians and singers alike depend on years of experience to exhibit a show that will keep an audience entrained and wanting more.”
The Woodsmoke Bluegrass Jamboree will feature a lineup of top-notch Bluegrass musicians, including:
- Traditionally Wound
- Hard Ryde
- The Dusty Drifters
- Handsome Molly
- This Tyme Round
- Darwin Thom & Gilles Leclerc
- County Road 44
- Peter Dawson (Grand Ole Opry Performer)
- Jim Collette
“NAV CENTRE is excited to welcome back the third annual Woodsmoke Bluegrass Jamboree – an event that has been a real success and which continues to grow,” say Kim Coe-Turner, General Manager of the NAV CENTRE. “Set in our large theatre, the Jamboree is a great example of the NAV CENTRE’s ability to conveniently accommodate sizeable music and arts events. It brings the whole event – from the main Jamboree venue area, to accommodations, to dinning at the Propeller Restaurant and JetSet Pub – under one roof.”
Three different shows are performed throughout the weekend…
- Friday Feb. 28, starting at 7:00 pm (followed by performers jamming in the Jet-Set Pub)
- Saturday Mar. 1 starting at 1:00 pm
- Saturday Mar. 1 starting at 7:00 pm (followed by performers jamming in the Jet-Set Pub)
Enjoy any one of the shows or come and spend the weekend with us, onsite meals and accommodations available.
“There will be plenty of jamming in the lounge after the stage show so bring your instruments and join in the fun!” said Mr. Thom.
- Cornwall – Melody Music Centre -104 Pitt St. (613-933-0205)
- Ottawa – The Ottawa Folklore Centre – 1111 Bank St. (613-730-2887)
- Renfrew – Mill Music – 25 Argyle St. (613-432-4381)
- Kingston – Renaissance Music – 1057 Midland Avenue (613-384-9225)
Single day show passes are also available at the door:
- Friday (Feb 28) 7-10 pm – $30
- Saturday (March 1st) 1-5 pm and 7-10 pm – $40
- Weekend Pass – $60
Contact Mr. Thom to reserve your tickets via email@example.com
Woodsmoke Bluegrass is a not-for-profit event, for the purpose of preserving and promoting Live Bluegrass and Traditional Music. You can learn more here: