Chamber Launches Shop Local CampaignDecember 1, 2021
Cornwall Ontario – Good things happen when you shop local. That is the message from the Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce and the theme of its current promotional campaign.
The $110,000 Shop Local initiative promotes the vibrant ecosystem of businesses in Cornwall, SDG, and Akwesasne through the regional local discovery of existing shops and services. The campaign seeks to connect shoppers to various local stores, services, restaurants, farms and specialty boutiques to enhance the shop local experience through a variety of avenues.
“This campaign reminds us all of the depth and breadth of businesses in our region,” says Chamber Executive Director Greg Pietersma. “It’s truly an opportunity for local consumers to engage and reconnect with the small businesses that they already know, but more importantly, to explore the region and discover the new ones they don’t.”
The multi-pronged campaign, launched in mid-November, includes:
- A redevelopment of the ShopCornwallandArea.ca portal;
- A series of radio spots featuring local shop owners and aired on boom 101.9, 104.5 fresh RADIO and Wild Country FM;
- Seven uniquely curated versions of The Good Local print mailer showcasing 80+ Shop Local ambassadors sent to every household in the region;
- A 25-minute video documentary featuring three unique businesses who bring uniqueness and diversity into the area;
- Animated digital ads highlighting local businesses published on social media and other online channels.
The campaign also introduces contests with more than $10,000 in prizing!
A central point of the entire campaign is the new redesigned ShopCornwallandArea.ca website, which provides a valuable resource for shoppers to locate stores and services throughout Cornwall, Akwesasne, and SDG. The fresh new look offers an enjoyable and informative design, in addition to providing info on the contest and an updated list of Shop Local Ambassadors.
“We thank the close to 100 Shop Local Ambassadors who signed up and understood the value of this campaign,” says Mr. Pietersma. “We hope residents in our region will remember to look right here at home to find what they need for the holiday season and beyond.”
You can learn more online at
About the Chamber of Commerce
The Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce is the unified voice of the region’s business community speaking towards growth, leadership and innovation. With direction from the elected board of directors and membership of close to 500 members, the Chamber looks to continuously progress the community through political advocacy, knowledge-based development and innovative opportunities. For more information, please click on the following links:
- Web: http://www.CornwallChamber.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChamberCornwall