New Hub for Businesses Looking to Buy or Sell PPEJune 9, 2020
Cornwall Ontario – The Government of Canada has created a hub for organizations looking to find resources on buying and supplying personal protective equipment.
The new online “Supply Hub” will bring together available resources for organizations buying and selling personal protective equipment (PPE). As organizations re-open for business, they need reliable information on how to buy and sell the necessary supplies required to keep themselves and others safe.
“Across the country, efforts are underway to ease restrictions implemented to fight COVID-19,” said Anita Anand, Minister of Public Services and Procurement. “This Supply Hub reflects our pan-Canadian approach, and assembles a wealth of resources and information so that organizations have a single window to assist them in buying or selling personal protective equipment.”
The Supply Hub connects Canadian organizations from coast to coast to coast with federal, provincial, territorial and other resources and information about PPE, including consumer guidance. Buyers will find PPE supplier lists, in addition to guidance to help plan their PPE purchases.
The hub will evolve over time to include additional resources as Public Services and Procurement Canada continues to engage with partners and advisory groups.
- As part of its Plan to Mobilize Industry to fight COVID-19, the Government of Canada introduced new measures to directly support businesses to rapidly scale up production or re-tool their manufacturing lines to develop products made in Canada that will help in the fight against COVID-19
- Information for organizations looking to buy PPE includes: best practices to keep people safe, where to find PPE for purchase, consumer advice, and additional health and safety resources
- Information for suppliers looking to sell PPE includes: product specifications, procurement and donation opportunities, and business guidance and programs
- The hub is not limited to federal resources, and it links to resources from provinces and territories, non-profit organizations, and other associations, in addition to resources for Indigenous businesses, and links to lists of Indigenous businesses supplying PPE
- Personal Protective Equipment Supply Hub
- The COVID-19 Supply Council
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Canada’s response
Business Reopening Toolkit
Cornwall Economic Development has put together a toolkit to help businesses reopen. The toolkit includes guidelines and a maximum occupancy calculator along with signs and posters that can be downloaded and printed:
We summarize the latest news about the impacts of COVID-19 on Cornwall businesses on a daily basis. Click on the following link to view: