Ontario Opens Intake for PPE Grant ProgramNovember 17, 2020
Cornwall Ontario — Ontario is now accepting applications from small businesses for a grant to offset unexpected costs of purchasing and implementing personal protective equipment (PPE).
The Province is offering a one-time grant of up to $1,000 for eligible main street small businesses. The grant application is now live.
To be eligible, your business must have two to nine employees and be in one of the following sectors:
- accommodation and food services
- repair and maintenance
- personal and laundry services
You can apply here:
Businesses will need to submit receipts or proof of costs for PPE purchased since March 17, 2020. This includes:
- gloves, gowns, face shields, eye protection, masks, sanitizer, sanitizing wipes
- thermometers, temperature monitors or cameras
- physical changes, including the installation of hand sanitizer stations and plexiglass dividers
- signs to guide or inform customers and employees
- The Workplace PPE Supplier Directory provides businesses with information on personal protective equipment (PPE) suppliers.
- Ontario is helping businesses overcome the unique challenges created by this pandemic with 50 temporary regulatory changes made to help them adapt and about 400 more roadblocks being explored.
- The $50-million Ontario Together Fund is helping businesses retool their operations to produce PPE and develop technology-driven solutions and services for businesses to reopen safely.
- The Ontario government reduced the small business Corporate Income Tax rate by 8.7%, starting on January 1, 2020. This will deliver up to $1,500 in annual savings to more than 275,000 businesses.
- Ontario’s new COVID-19 Economic Recovery Act is laying the foundation to restart jobs and development, strengthen communities, and create opportunity for people in every region of the province.
- Learn more about Rebuilding Main Street.
- Visit the new Small Business Recovery webpage for up-to-date information, programs and resources at ontario.ca/smallbusiness.
- Find out how your small business can go digital with the help of Digital Main Street.
- Learn more about Ontario’s Action Plan: Responding to COVID-19.
- Check out SupportOntarioMade.ca to help boost local businesses and manufacturers.
- Find out how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Business Reopening Toolkit
Cornwall Economic Development has put together a toolkit to help businesses reopen. The toolkit includes guidelines and a maximum occupancy calculator along with signs and posters that can be downloaded and printed:
We summarize the latest news about the impacts of COVID-19 on Cornwall businesses on a daily basis. Click on the following link to view: